How to Prepare Your Home for Staging
Before you think about the details, you have to focus on the foundation. Try to be as objective as you can and look at your house through the eyes of a buyer. You’ll be awarded for your efforts.
• Make your home sparkle. Hiring a cleaning company to do an old-fashioned top-to-bottom cleaning can be worth the investment—remember to do the windows inside and out.
• Make minor repairs. Replace cracked floor or counter tiles, patch holes in walls, and repair leaky faucets. Fix doors that don’t close properly and kitchen drawers that jam. Replace burned-out light bulbs.
• Eliminate clutter. Follow the “50% Rule” and remove half of accumulated clutter. It will make your home seem more spacious and you’ll have a head start on packing you’ll have to do anyway.
• Go neutral. It may seem boring, but neutral colors sell. Potential buyers want to imagine themselves as the owners. You don’t want to turn them off with colors or styles they’d never select.
• Take yourself out of the picture. You want potential buyers to connect emotionally with your home. Removing personal items such as family photos and memorabilia will help them do that.
For more staging tips, or if you would like a free staging evaluation of your home, please contact Liz at 757.348.0032 or Barbara at 757.635.6833 now. Or use our contact form to send an email.
- The experience and integrity required by a Rose & Womble licensed professional
- Personalized service second to none
- The skill required to do the job right the first time
- Effectiveness of marketing skills using advanced techniques and Rose & Womble marketing tools
- Knowledge of the current marketplace as well as financial information you need
- Rose & Womble’s outstanding business reputation since 1983
- As members of the Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, Rose & Womble agents are able to target those people interested in moving to the Hampton Roads area.
Need more information before you make a decision? Give us a call. There’s no pressure and no sales pitch. Tell us what your needs are and we’ll offer advice…even if you don’t choose us as your Realtor. contact Liz at 757.348.0032 or Barbara at 757.635.6833 now. Or use our contact form to send an email.
What happens if…
- My house doesn’t appraise
- My house is sold for less than it’s worth
- My house fails the home inspection
- My house has structure issues, termite or moisture damage
- What happens when a buyer wants to see my house and I cannot be home
- A potential buyer doesn’t qualify or their loan is denied
- My buyer changes her mind just before closing
- How do I handle concessions that weren’t in the contract
- A buyer needs flood insurance which disqualifies them for the mortgage
- The contract was written without any protective clauses
- The buyer demands concessions that weren’t written into the contract
More questions? Give Liz a call at 757.348.0032 or Barbara at 757.635.6833. You can also send us a quick email now.